IMPORTANT COMMISSIONING INFORMATION ON HBOT FOR CLINICIANS AND PATIENTS
LHM Healthcare is pleased to confirm that our company is being funded by NHS ENGLAND Specialist Commissioning Group to provide an NHS Category 1 Hyperbaric service on behalf of the NHS at Whipps Cross University Hospital in NE-London and James Paget University Hospital in Great Yarmouth.
LHM Healthcare accepts referrals from clinicians for private patients for a range of conditions. We work with a number of leading health insurance companies to cover the costs but can also accept private payers, where HBOT has shown to be of clinical benefit. Please call us on 0208 539 1222 to discuss your requirement.
In 2013 the NHS published a Commissioning Policy for HBOT and has confirmed funding for the following conditions through to 2019:
AUTOMATIC NHS FUNDING funding for the following EMERGENCY INDICATIONS:
- Decompression Illness (DCI)
- Air / Gas embolism
- Severe Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections (necrotising fasciitis etc.)
AUTOMATIC NHS FUNDING for the following ELECTIVE INDICATIONS:
- Selected Problem Wounds (eg. compromised grafts and flaps, diabetic foot ulcers, Hypoxic wounds etc.)
- Late radiation tissue injury – Treatment and prophylaxis of osteoradionecrosis)
- Late radiation tissue injury – Treatment and prophylaxis of radionecrosis of soft tissue.
‘Individual Funding Requests’ (NHS IFRs) are NO LONGER REQUIRED for these elective conditions.
SECURING TREATMENT FOR YOUR PATIENT COULDN’T BE EASIER!
Using long-standing and established care and referral pathways for HBOT, consultants can continue to access this service for both elective and emergency referrals as follows.
1. CALL LHM TO DISCUSS YOUR REFERRAL
2. SEND YOUR REFERRAL LETTER (By fax, post or secure e-mail)
3. ARRANGE FOR AN ASSESSMENT AT ONE OF OUR TWO CENTRES
4. ARRANGE TRANSPORT
No need to worry about funding!
No need to worry about waiting times!
Your patient can normally start as soon as he/she is ready!